Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Pocket Charts

Pocket charts can literally be used in any subject in class. Here are two examples for how I use pocket charts.  

1.) I use one for our class daily schedule. In middle school, we have A Days and B Days. I interchange the schedule based on the day. Depending on the grade level, this can be a student's job. That will take one less thing off your plate and will help students to be responsible. If you choose to assign this responsibility to a student, I recommend you change the student each month.


2.) The other way I use pocket charts is for my Word Wall. Most districts require teachers to have a word wall. I use a pocket chart because I change my words based on the unit of study. These are the same words that the students have written on their Walking Word Wall. Students are also allowed and encouraged to add words to the word wall. When they come across a new math word that they didn't know, they can write it on a sentence strip and add it to the Word Wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment